20 December 2011

Dropping for CLAT...

If you are reading this article I am assuming that you are preparing for CLAT(And I am assuming you are not sensitive to Blasphemy...You can find some of it...)...And you have an unwarranted(or warranted)dream to study law in one of best Law Schools of this country...So allow me to tell you that it is a dream you and I share...

Dropping an year for CLAT is one is of the sordid investments(Abhinav ji Jindabad!!) i have done...Its one of the few thing in my life that i will never go on to recommend to anyone(Ever!!)...By this I do not mean to say in any way that preparing for CLAT is not worth it...It surely is(That's why I am doing it..)...It's just that at 18.5 there are other things to do which are much more fun...!! If you know what I mean...

The reason is that preparing for CLAT is something that you can easily do when you are in your class 12...You don't need to drop a year to prove that you are f***ing sincere !!! But if you do...You will waste an year which could have been invested in a better way...Now Please allow me to explain my point...

The preparation consists of 4 parts...English,Reasoning(Legal & Logical),Current Affairs and Maths...

If you are in Class 12 you will finish your course as soon as you can!!(Come on!! You are thinking about the examinations that are chasing your ass...And the different papers that schools take prior to that...PrePrePrelims,PrePrelims,Prelims and then your Limbs(Boards)!!)...And you are sincere(I have to get good marks in Boards and similar crap that you are feeding yourself with..If you know what I mean...)...You will try to read TheHindu everyday...The week you miss it...You will sit on Sundays to finish the backlog...
You will solve R.S.Aggarwal or M.K. Pandey for Logical...LexisNexis for Legal while in your School Bus...In any free period...Or whenever God can grace you with some time...

Lemme drop some light on what you will do if you are a dropper...You will sit back and hear to songs...You will hear to bands and Singers about whose existence you were unaware of previously...Then you will also read Novels(If you are that kind)...And sometimes after finishing one,you will realize that the author was someone you have never heard of before!!! But you will do it simply because you think it's good for your English(RC)...Then you will go on to read endless articles...You will start with TheHindu.com...Then you will slowly in a matter of weeks,find out that even other newspapers exist...So you will try them out(You have lots of time..For gods sake!!)...Then you will even start reading lengthy reports of Tehelka...After the end of each one you will find an Intriguing matter that has never been covered in any media...

You will do every book that you can solve on reasoning and every sheet you can lay your hands on...You will make a CA notebook and finish it to its very core...Thus in the end you will be prepared to give CLAT...

Both of these people will get selected in CLAT...I have very less doubt about it....

But what is the point in wasting an year...?? I don't know...

You may be thinking,"You ranting so much...Why didn't you take advice yourself...??"....Well i didn't get the chance to give CLAT when I was in class 12...I will tell you the full story if we ever meet...Will be a good one...You can bet on that!!!

And yes...Planning to meet each one of you at an NLS...Tada!!

(Any type of Ranting and verbal abuse..Death threats are allowed on this post...NO prosecution will be brought against those who do..So rant on...No moderation of comments will happen because I don't believe in "Kapilisation"...And do share your experiences...!! )


12 comments:

Abhinav Shrivastava said...

I do agree with your point that one does not need to spend a year. Even I was not aware of anything CLAT as such until I passed 12th. It was then when I actually decided that I do not want to do engineering.

But, there are many people with whom I have met were not able to clear it, not that they were incompetent, but because luck was not with them. They were more competent than many others who are in top NLUs.

I agree that one does not do anything as such in drop. Even I did not do :D

I visited several places of Bhopal during my drop, and did other things [If you know what I mean :P ].

Anyway, Nice Post :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Abhinav ji...And writing a blog is also a classic example of time being wasted... :)

Anonymous said...

its evrywre story...wether CLAT or sum other field... bt stilll.. many "pressures" upon u make u cook d stuff insyd d brains well :P xample is ur post :D nyc one... keep tryin :)

Anonymous said...

I haven't dropped a year but i got through one of the so called top 10 colleges in the country. Its pathetic , i wish i would have dropped. I understand the syllabus isn't that vast for clat but atleast one can constantly focus on something.

Prayank Jain said...

Nice Rohit nice
But
in reality, both droppers and 12thies make targets in CLAT preparation but they are not met.
with hell down under, one does not study in free time and does other things(you know what I mean)
You atleast get mor and proper time to prepare.
We all have issues and situations.. :)

shreya khandelwal said...

nice article, truthful, free of Telebrands-style look Straight confessions..!!!

Anonymous said...

I have decided to do CLAT in December 2013,(I know it's very late) now I don't have enough time to prepare for it, but I can try and I will give CLAT
whatso-ever the result be, just did'nt want to waste another year if
did'nt get admission in any of the NLU's after my bad result.But I don't have any other option.

It's time to study hard and make place in any of the NLU's or waste a year.

Unknown said...

The significance of Law in various spheres of everyday life is undisputed ranging from the framing of the Government's policy on combating terrorism to
purchasing the smallest commodity in the market. Law regulates all aspects of civilized human living aiming to achieve social,
economic and political order in society. All said and done, it is a career option that must be taken with due thought and regard
to the impact and change one can bring about by the knowledge and expertise of Law.
clat coaching institute in chandigarh

Unknown said...

Hey,
I found your blogpost to ne quite interesting, not to mention humorous:D
I'd love to know the whole story, that you mentioned in the post. :)
I hope you get in touch with me, so you can share your experiences with me.

Cheers,
Annanya/Punya

Anonymous said...

I was in 12th. I just did a few basics about clat. Now I don't know if I can do it in just one month after boards so I will have to drop a year..?? Or one month is enough?

Toprankers said...

Best online CLAT online classes & other law entrance exams designed by expert faculties of LegalEdge. Our video lectures and courses for CLAT exam will help you clarify all your doubts and crack the exam easily.

Hena Martin said...

Free clat mock test will help you in preparation for the point of reference based law assertion test. The free clat mock test will guide and help you in illustration a genuine idea of the course of action of genuine law choice test. The Test Series has been something that Testhelper has dependably been tackling and continues for more years.

Blogger templates

Pages

 
;