01 February 2012

My One Vote!!

I am blogging after many days today. The intricacies of life had disallowed me to do this before. But I am here.A lot has changed from the time I had written my last blog. The Anna Movement which was full fledged then,has now slowed down and is reconciling it's strategy . But a bigger phenomenon is on.The Great Indian Elections that are the Yearly Business out here. They will decide the politics of the nation and how it stands for the coming years.

But UP elections is the one that has drawn my interest.I am voting for the first time,You cannot blame me for being curious.

 The elections out here are on the full fledge,as I type these words. Political parties are doing anything and everything to pull a few more votes to their  favour. From distributing Khichdi in the Hindu festival by the same name,to celebrating New Year with the 'beloved' masses. From the patriotic fervour that can be seen only in the polling season on 26th January.To bringing down the status of a great Technocrat to his mere caste. Everything has happened.

It was 18 December and Rahul Gandhi was in UP.He was attending a public Rally and spoke out the following words in the course of his small speech. After telling the achievements of Sam Pitroda.He said and I quote,"Jaante ho Sam Pitroda Kaun hai??"(Do you know who is Sam Pitroda??)..."Jaat jaante ho??? Vishwakarma!!"(Do you know his caste?? He is Vishwakarma!!)

I thought that was it!! The technocrat who is working in Kerala would be left in peace to continue doing  the great work that he is doing. But it came back 4 days ago(28 January 2012). Congress men were in Kanpur(UP) to release the party to release their VISION2020 Document for UP. He was there. He spoke of his caste(Which has nothing to do with his profound genius!) with a smile on his face. After so many years he became Satyanarayan Gangaram Pitroda again.

I had always heard of him as a technocrat. But that day he became just an object of appeal to be milked for voting on Caste lines. Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi is highly credited for this formula.My respect for Rahul Gandhi has just gone down.

He has been touted for long as being the voice of the Youth. Wikipedia tells me that he has studied in Rollins College & Trinity College , Cambridge. And I believe it.

But I have been expecting him to show a little more maturity in relation to the era he comes from. The majority of the so called Youth that I know and have known don't really give a F### about caste. We are smart people of this smart nation who is not ready to vote either on Caste or on Communal lines. All we want is efficient and futuristic leader who is not carrying the superfluous loads of the past. Clearly Mr. Gandhi you have lost by this parameter.

I don't know how the UP elections will turn out to be. But I know one thing that I am not voting for anyone who is trying to galvanize vote-share on Caste or Communal Lines. And so are the many people who are like me.

My request to anyone who is 18 or above and is reading this blog. Do vote. It is your right!!

( Bibliography:
Rahul Gandhi introduces this Gujarati as OBC mascot in UP rally 
Congress ropes in Sam Pitroda for Uttar Pradesh polls 
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahul_Gandhi  )

(Comments in this blog are not moderated. But the author retains the right to do so. The comments are the personal views of the one who comments..They don't in any way reflect the views of the author.)





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Firstly the statement regarding Muslim Reservation and now this act clearly indicates Congress' motives... they assure us of a corruption free state and nation... and sparks of commmunalism which can b ignited by such instances is a severe act of brewing corruption. Mr.Rahul Gandhi should think that if he regards himself as Nation's Youth representative so he should know that we youth dont give a f*** to caste or credd... We just want a better nation where we can breathe "corruption" free... Really... thumbs up for your article..

Unknown said...

Laveena,I fully agree with your views here. Thanks for the motivation. I wish I have more time to write after may.. :\

Blogger templates

Pages

 
;