16 February 2012

"Apna UP"

Yesterday, some of the friends of my mom were at home. The usual gossip was in full flow. I was sitting downstairs, away from the chitchat trying to concentrate on my studies.

Khat Khat Khat Khat.....


The immense noise on my house door startled me. I have two doors in my house (One for the entrance and the other for the Garage.) Both being banged at the same time. A case of moronic competence.

Hamaara Neta Wowo wow..wowo wowo Jaisa ho...was all I could hear.

Nothing was clear. If I had not experienced this before I would have thought that riots have broken out. Sharp cranking sounds of the metal was heard. (Drums have been banned by the Election commission so the parties are using different tricks. Use of plates with a spoon by some kids in the front row. They are disowned when the Election watchdog turns up).

I slowly moved to my gate where my mother along with her friends were already standing. Many local guys(read Party workers) were directing the entire crowd. On seeing the group of my mom the main women of the group approached us hurriedly.She carried a smile on her face.(I can't tell you how genuine it looked since her eyes were covered with black glasses.)She had a few kilograms of mala chocked around her neck and approached us with her hands folded in a namaste. She was Shikha Mishra(BSP Candidate). "Haanthi pe hi vote kijiyega. Hum bacchon ko naukari deinge"(That was referred to me. I think. :| .  I was the only one who fits the description. I was not recognized by her as a potential voter. She is not getting my vote. ) She said this in a matter of seconds. Then the whole kaafila moved on.

A sticker was stuck on my wall before I could object. Damn.

(This was rather dull. This form of advertisement. Radio is much more entertaining. The medium where all the political parties are throwing in their ads. "Aapka neta Ajay Kapoor Song" of Congress Party... "UP kaa aam aadmi" of BJP are some of the songs you can catch.

The ad campaign of the congress party rests on the self praising acumen combined with outright lies and the one by BJP rests on the sad state of the UP public which is also overstated. I don't know what the results will be. Everyone is so confident that they will bring in the government with a Poorn Bahumat. Let's see what happens.)

For all the Mahrajpur Seat Candidates click here.



1 comment:

Samyak Sibasish said...

The ROHIT SRIVASTAVA. A wonderful insight. A nice read for someone who is not from UP but is quite interested in the proceedings, as UP is the gateway to Delhi, they say!

Could have been bigger and more exhaustive.

Blogger templates

Pages

 
;